You are probably on this page as you have concerns with regard to your privacy. While we use software to count the number of visitors, the pages visited and exit points, this website does not gather data or store identifiable data from visitors.
For security we use the payment processor Stripe and for content delivery Product Dyno.
When you make a purchase through Stripe, we have limited access to purchaser details. The details we can access are the minimum amount of information to enable a business transaction: Customer name and ID, email, payment method, date, spend, refunds. For more information, contact Stripe here.
Our Content Delivery is provided by ProductDyno. The details stored are Name, Email, Purchase Gateway (Stripe) and Date. You can login to ProductDyno and access your details and downloads here.
General Data Protection Regulation
GDPR law applies only to people who reside within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). GDPR law does not apply to citizens of the EU who reside outside of the EU or EEA. Read more here.
GDPR Eligible Countries:
- The EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
- The EEA: includes EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- Others: Switzerland. Which is neither an EU nor EEA member but is part of the single market.
To provide information to you, you need to provide documented proof that:
- You are who you say you are
- You have appropriate residency
Before the information will be released, you will need to supply the following information as well as 2 ID documents that should be attached to the email. We will reply to the email address used to send the information.
You will need to send this information and documentation:
- Full Legal Name
- A contact phone number
- Purchase Email (Not required if you haven't made a purchase.)
- A scan of a current government issued ID - such as Driver’s License, Passport or EU Residency card that shows your full legal name.
- A scan of a document with your EU address - such as a Utility Bill or Bank Statement and dated within three months of submission that shows your full legal name and current address.
If you do not have access to a scanner, documents can be submitted as a photo (jpg) from a smart phone.
Your Email to Us
If you have made a purchase please contact us with that email. If you no longer have access to that purchase / login email, then it is still essential to include that email address in your email as it will be essential to find information associated with the purchase.
The Email subject line must be exactly:
GDPR Request - HypnosisScriptsBook.com - "Your Legal Name" - Submission 1
Where it says "Your Legal Name" substitute your full legal name, without the quotation marks.
Submission Change - How to update:
If you need to adjust your submission please start from the beginning and re-send the entire submission again. It will over-rule all other submissions. We will only accept ALL the information from the most recent submission. For your security, all data will immediately be deleted from previous submissions.
It is important you send from the same email address and note in your email it is a re-submission.
Errors or inaccuracies or not following the procedure on this page exactly will result in delays and you may incur an administrative fee as allowed under GDPR Article 12 (5).
Once we have confirmed your ID and proof of EU residency, we will then advise you of what data we have stored.
Should we require clarification or further information we will be in contact by phone.
About your Personal Information:
The information you are providing will be processed solely for identifying the information you’re requesting, and answering your request. Your personal information will be accessed by our Data Privacy Officer only. Your proof of ID and residency information will be deleted once your request has been answered.
How we will process your request:
- We will answer your request, or request additional information from you within 30 days.
- We may extend this process for up to two months, in which case we will notify you of the extension within a month.
- The processing of this request is free of charge, but we reserve the right, as allowed under GDPR Article 12 (5), to charge an administrative fee under certain circumstances.
Please note that we may refuse to act, as allowed under GDPR Article 12 (2) and 12 (5), on requests that are insufficiently substantiated, unfounded or excessive.